If the software is required, you’ll get notifications from Windows that software is required.
1. You can click on the notification, or click the up arrow by the clock (as pictured below)
2. Click on the Software Box (above)
3. Click on Open Software Center (below)
4. Once the Software Center dialog comes up (it may take a moment), you can:
To install optional software on Windows 8/8.1:
1. Click the Start button
2. Type “Software” (in Windows 8/8.1, there is no search box, just start typing)
3. In the Search Results, click on Software Center
4. Once the Software Center window opens, select the software you want to install by either:
A. Click to highlight the program you want
B. If you want to install multiple programs, check the boxes on the left of the programs you want
5. Click the Install/Install Selected button. After a few moments, the status should update to show the installation process has begun
6. You can close the Software Center at any time during the installation process, the installation will continue in the background
Offline access lets you use Outlook on your laptop or desktop computer when you’re not connected to the Internet.
If the status bar at the bottom of your Outlook window shows either of these status indicators, it means Outlook isn’t connected to your mail server.
You can’t send or receive email until you reconnect. Here’s how.
Click Send/Receive > Work Offline to turn to reconnect.
Notice that when you’re working offline, the button looks blue:
But the button has a white background when you’re connected and working online:
To confirm that you’re connected, make sure the Work Offline button isn’t blue.