Junior/Senior Resources

Students going on college visits

To have an excused absence from school you must have a college visit form from the guidance office

Senior Checklist

Congratulations Seniors, one more year to go!
For your convenience we have provided a Senior Checklist for the 1st Semester. This will assist you by providing information on deadlines for senior projects, college applications, senior pictures, etc.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Guidance Office.

College/University Questions

A BIG Year End THANK YOU from Pennsylvania College of Technology

Posted by Sandra Mead at 5/28/2014 12:15:00 PM

Penn College appreciates all the assistance you give students all year long, especially helping them choose the college that is right for them.  We have another large incoming class and we owe it to you for your guidance in helping them decide on their future.

As your Juniors become Seniors, please let them know we have special events for them this summer.  They can check out our website at www.pct.edu/admissions/seniorvisit/.

College/University Questions

Posted by Tanya Deats at 10/23/2009 9:15:00 AM

Attention Juniors and Seniors:

This document was designed in order to guide you in choosing the post-secondary school you decide to attend. It contains questions that you may ask a representative from the school and then, in the space provided, write the answer. Remember, these are only a few questions to ask but they are usually the most common or most pertinent in deciding upon a college/university. Feel free to ask the representative any questions you may have. Representatives will be impressed by your interest in the school and your maturity in being concerned about your future education.

Keep in mind when you visit a school/university: IF YOU WERE TO ATTEND THEIR SCHOOL, YOU WOULD BE THE CONSUMER. ASK QUESTIONS TO KNOW IF THE PRODUCT (their school/education program) IS BEST/RIGHT FOR YOU.

Financial Aid

There have been changes this year in relation to the FASFA form. No longer will the school receive a paper copy they are encouraging everyone to complete the form online. If you would like a paper copy you may request one by calling 1-800-433-3243 or 1-319-337-5665.

To locate the online form for FASFA go to www.fasfa.ed.gov.

To download and complete a PDF version go to www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov. Note these must be mailed for processing.


College Visitations to Wellsboro

Come meet representatives from different colleges around the state. Please sign up for the colleges you are interested in learning about with Mrs. Mead in the Guidance Office. The schools that are coming will be posted on the window in the guidance office or on the calender in this website.

Financial AID Pheaa Night

Mansfield University is hosting a community service outreach program to help students within the greater Mansfield University area file the FAFSA form for the 2015-16 academic year. Mansfield University staff will be available to provide information about applying for financial aid and types of aid available to students. This program will be on-site at the university’s Computer lab March 5, April 15 & April 28 in Elliott Hall Room 108 anytime between 4:00 – 7:00 pm.

PHEAA has local financial aid nights at neighbooring schools. If you are interested in attending one please contact the Guidance Office and we can let you know where they are and when. We will have a financial aid night here which is put on by Mansfield University.

Transcripts for Dual Enrollment Courses

Lackawannna College Transcript Release

This link takes you to the Lackawanna registrar site. On this page look for the transcript request link at the bottom left hand side of page under Important Forms. You need to fill this form out and have your transcript sent to the college you plan on attending in order to receive the college credit. Use this link if you took College Algebra, College Writing, Intro to Psychology or Spanish.

Prospective College Student Athletes

Those students interested in participating in collegiate sports please read.

NCAA Clearinghouse

All students who are interested in playing at the collegiate level must register at http://eligibilitycenter.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.html. It is recommend that you register with them before the end of your junior year.This is not required for Division III schools but is recommended. It is however required for Division I and II schools. If you have any questions please stop in and ask one of the guidance counselors.