In response to our local substitute teacher shortage and to assist with community mitigation efforts, the Wellsboro Area School District will move to remote learning on Monday, November 23rd through Friday, December 4th. The anticipated return to full, in-person instruction will be Monday, December 7th. However, the District will continue to monitor both staff availability and community spread and may adjust the return date if necessary. During remote instruction, all extracurricular and athletic activities will be canceled.
Our remote schedule will be as follows:
- Monday, November 23rd Full day remote
- Tuesday, November 24th Full day remote
- Wednesday, November 25th Early dismissal remote as per our approved school calendar
- Thursday, November 26th – Tuesday, December 1st Thanksgiving break
- Wednesday, December 2nd Full Day remote
- Thursday, December 3rd Full day remote
- Friday, December 4th Full day remote
The District will provide meals to students during the remote days. A survey will be sent later this evening to indicate participation.
All faculty and staff will report to the buildings on their regular schedule and deliver remote instruction from there.
We would like to thank the Wellsboro Community for their diligence in partnering with us to keep our school environment healthy and safe. To date our incidents among students have remained low. In an effort to assure our safe return to in-person instruction on December 7th please remember to abide by all social distancing guidelines and indoor gathering restrictions as per The Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Have a healthy and safe Thanksgiving!