Dear Rock L. Butler parent/guardian:
We want to share a new program that we are excited to bring to Rock L. Butler! In the next couple of weeks, students and staff will notice a new staff member in the halls of our school. The new staff member “Daisy” is a 5 year old Golden Retriever that will be used for Therapy Dog services. Initially, Daisy will be used to greet students each day and be available during non-instructional times to get to know students.
Daisy may be used in a variety of ways. Some of her duties include:
- Working with students who struggle with attendance issues
- Listening to struggling/shy readers
- Involvement in student support groups
- Helping students make friends and feel more comfortable in social situations
- Helping students who struggle with emotional/behavioral problems
- Comforting students dealing with loss and sadness
We realize that all students/staff are not comfortable around animals. No student will be required to work with Daisy and she will not enter any instructional areas without an invite. Additionally, if your student has allergies to animals, please call the school and we can discuss accommodations with you.
Thank you for your support in this exciting new program! Again, if you would like additional information, please call the school and speak with a member of the office staff.
Robert L. Kreger