UPMC will be holding COVID-19 vaccination clinics for those who qualify for Phase 1A at the Administration Building (old high school) in the gymnasium located at 227 Nichols St, Wellsboro, PA 16901. Below is a list of those that qualify for Phase 1A (as of 3/4/2021) or you can use the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Your Turn tool to see which Phase you qualify for.
An appointment is required to get vaccinated. To schedule an appointment, please call 570-787-5000. You cannot schedule an appointment through the schools.
Below is a map of the where to go for vaccinations and signs are posted to parking and doors to use to enter the building for vaccinations.
People who qualify for Phase 1A:
- Health care personnel including, but not limited to:
- Emergency medical service personnel
- Nursing assistants
- Dental hygienists
- Pharmacy technicians
- Health professions students and trainees
- Direct support professionals
- Clinical personnel in school settings or correctional facilities
- Contractual HCP not directly employed by the health care facility
- Persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious material that can transmit disease among or from health care personnel and patients
- Persons ages 65 and older
- Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus